The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring an outbreak caused by a novel (new) coronavirus in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses, some causing illness in people and others that circulate among animals, including camels, cats and bats. Rarely, animal coronaviruses can evolve and infect people and then spread between people such as has been seen with MERS and SARS. On February 11th, the WHO announced the official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- For current Ohio numbers and the most up-to-date information visit: coronavirus.ohio.gov
Cases in Clark County
Clark County COVID-19 Update: 1,804 cases as of 9/25/2020.
Update from 9/23: 28 new confirmed cases and 6 new probable cases. There is 3 new hospitalization. 1 probable case turned positive. There was 1 death of a confirmed case.
Cumulative hospitalizations: 134
Probable Cases from Antibody tests: 16
***Probable deaths are identified when the person has not been laboratory tested for COVID-19 but they meet one of the following criteria: (1) When a death certificate lists COVID-19 as a cause of death OR (2) when autopsy findings are consistent with pneumonia or acute respiratory distress syndrome without an identifiable cause.
****Probable cases are most often symptomatic contacts of a confirmed positive case. Probable deaths are counted as probable cases. A positive COVID-19 antibody test of a person who was previously symptomatic or has an epidemiological link to a confirmed case is counted as probable.
As always, Ohio data and resources can be found at coronavirus.ohio.gov
For general COVID-19 questions call:
CCCHD at (937) 390-5600, Monday-Friday 7:30am-5:00pm, Saturday 12:00am-4:00pm
- Llame a CCCHD al 937-561-5281, Lunes a Viernes 8:00am-6:00pm
- Para español:
Ohio Department of Heath at 1-833-4ASK-ODH, 7 days a week 9:00am-8:00pm
- Departamento de Salud de Ohio al 1-833-427-5634, 7 dias de la semana 9:00am-8:00pm
- Para español:
Links for additional COVID-19 information:
- Ohio Department of Health Guidelines for Cloth Face Masks
- Employer Guidelines from CCCHD
- Stay Safe Ohio order from Ohio Department of Health
- Ready.gov Personal/Home Preparedness
- Ohio Department of Health (ODH) 2019 Novel Coronavirus
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Novel Coronavirus 2019 Situation
- CDC Novel Coronavirus in the United States
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Centro para el Control y la Prevencion de Enfermedades (CDC): espanol.cdc.gov/enes/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Organización Mundial de la Salud (WHO): www.who.int/es/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
For Healthcare Providers:
For suspected cases of COVID-19, healthcare providers or any individual having knowledge, should immediately notify both infection control personnel at their healthcare facility and their local health department.
Clark County Combined Health District (CCCHD)
24/7 Emergency Phone Number: 937-390-5600
Last Revised: 5-15-2020 ES