Schools and Public Health Partnership
As we approach the 2020 - 2021 school year, there are a number of challenges requiring a coordinated approach between public health and school personnel, not the least of which is response to the SARS- CoV-2, or Covid 19 virus.
Clark County School Forms (Suggested Tools)
Clark County Schools Q & A (Current as of 9/11/2020)
- A collection of discussion questions and answers that have come up throughout the COVID-19 response.
- CCCHD School COVID-19 Resource Sheet (Current as of 08/25/2020)
- Intended as a quick reference for school personnel with regards to COVID-19
Dismissal Due to Illness (symptoms of COVID-19) (Current as of 08/25/2020)
- A form that could be used to communicate recommendations with guardian or parent when a student is sent home due to symptoms similar to COVID-19
Discharge of a Student Due to Close Contact with a Positive COVID-19 Case (Current as of 08/25/2020)
- A form that could be used to communicate with guardian or parent when a student is sent home due to need to quarantine because of close contact with a positive case
COVID Communicator Worksheet (Current as of 08/18/2020)
- A form intended to be filled out and faxed to CCCHD in lieu of entering the information into the shared spreadsheet.
School Nurse & Public Health Meeting Materials
Other Materials from 09.11.2020 and 09.14.2020:
- School Reporting Order
- Recording (pending)
COVID-19 Health and Prevention Guidance for Ohio K-12 Schools
Included are guidance and best practices for: Assessing symptoms • Increased sanitation • Social distancing • Face coverings • Risk assessment and mitigation.
Reset and Restart Planning Guide
- Intended to spur local-level, partnership-based discussions and decision-making in areas critical to the start of the 2020-2021 school year.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC guidance for preparing for and operating schools during the COVID-19 virus circulation.
National Association of School Nurses
- Site includes a number of resources directed to school nurses and school clinic personnel.
Sector Specific (Schools) Resources on Ohio Department of Health's Coronavirus (COVID-19) site
- Includes a collection of links for COVID-19 Resrouces for School Nurses.
FAQs regarding Face Shields
- News Release from ODH: Use of Face Shields Not Appropriate Substitute for Masks (August 15, 2020)
School Nursing Resources from Ohio Department of Health
- Forms, resources, information about conferences and trainings
Hearing and Vision Screenings
Children's Hearing and Vision Program Resources from Ohio Department of Health
- Forms, guidelines and standards, requirements according to the Ohio Revised Code
Updated and reviewed 8/15/2020 CC