The Unified Food Safety Code has been adopted in Ohio. It provides one set of laws and rules for food service and retail food establishments across the State and it is implemented at the local level. A copy of the code may be obtained from the Ohio Department of Health website. For additional information about the Food Safety Code go to ODH Food Safety.
The following is a list of applications for a variety of food operations that are available for you to download and fill out prior to coming into the Clark County Combined Health District. This will help aid in the overall speed in which you will be served.
- 2018 Food Service Operations / Retail Food Establishments Application
- 2018 Mobile Food Application
- 2018 Vending Application
- 2018 Temporary Food Application
- 2018 Food Plan Review Application
Foodborne diseases cause approximately 76 million illnesses, 325,000 hospitalizations, and 5,200 deaths in the United States each year. Most cases of foodborne illness can be prevented through education on proper cooking or processing of foods to destroy bacteria. Employing Food professionals who have ServSafe™ Certification helps ensure that safe food is served at local restaurants, school cafeterias, hospitals, nursing homes and catering services.
ServSafe™ Certification is a nationally accredited program sponsored by the National Restaurant Association.. Locally, it is available at the The Ohio State University Cooperative Extension office and taught in collaboration with the Clark County Combined Health District.. For more information go to ServSafe at OSU Extension.
Other Food Safety Links:
- 2018 Food Safety Training Class
- Report problems with commercially packaged food
- Water Boil Advisory
- FDA , Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- USDA, Food Safety and Inspection Service
- CDC, Center for Diseases Control
- ODH, Ohio Department of Health
- ODA, Ohio Department of Agriculture | Food Safety
- National food safety Database
- Food Service Employee Logging Sheets
- Food Service Norovirus Clean Up Procedure
Last Review: 1/11/18 lv