Birth and Death Records
The Health District continues to house and can issue death certificates from 1908 to present for those who died in Springfield or Clark County only.
All birth abstracts and death certificates are certified. We do not issue uncertified certificates.
Vital Statistics offers the following services:
Walk-in: Certified copies of birth abstracts and death certificates may be obtained at the Health District. Cost of each certified copy is $22.00. We are unable to accept credit or debit cards at our office location.
Order On-Line*: at www.vitalchek.com. Cost per abstract/certificate is $22.00 plus any shipping and processing fees charged by VitalChek. VitalChek does accept credit and debit cards for on-line orders.
Mail-In: Print and complete the appropriate form: Birth Abstract Request Form or Death Certificate Request Form.
Mail to the Health District's Main Office, along with:
- A cashier's check or money order in the amount of $25.56 (to cover the cost of the certificate and shipping) payable to CCCHD; and
- Please include a stamped, self-addressed, business-sized envelope.
- Once your request is received, the certified birth abstract or death certificate will be mailed the next business day.
- Refunds will be issued only for orders where a certificated document cannot be issued.
Overpayment of $2.00 or less will not be refunded and considered a donation.
- Mail to the Health District's Main Office, along with:
Genealogy information: Birth and death information from 1908 to present is available at the Health District's Main Office. You may request genealogy information by:
- Walk-In: at the Health District's Main Office
- Email: at email@example.com
- Fax: to (937) 342-5503
Mail: Health District's Main Office
Birth and death records from 1867 - 1908 are available from:
Clark County Combined Health District
529 E Home Road
Springfield, OH 45503
Telephone: (937) 390-5600
Fax: (937) 342-5503
Monday thru Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*For your convenience, you can process online requests through VitalChek Network, Inc., an independent company with whom the Clark County Combined Health District partners to provide you this service. You may access VitalChek at their website by clicking on the above link. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.
Refunds will be issued only for orders where a certificated document cannot be issued. Overpayment of $2.00 or less will not be refunded and considered a donation.