Safe Communities Coalition
The CCCHD’s Safe Communities Coalition promotes safe driving practices along with addressing injuries and fatalities occurring on Clark County roadways. The coalition educates the county on safe driving practices through three simple principles:
- Buckle up
- Don’t drink and drive
- Slow down
The Safe Communities program is very active in the community, often visiting local schools, festivals and other events to promote safe driving. By working with other local agencies to promote their cause, this coalition provides Clark County with a united front against hazardous driving.
Objectives of the Safe Communities Coalition:
- Provide the Every 15 Minutes program (Insert Link) to various high schools in the community. The program stages simulations and illustrations to communicate the dangers of driving while impaired or texting.
- Provide support to local law enforcement during media blitzes, DUI checks, seat belt enforcement and holiday safety.
- Go to each high school in the county and conduct seat belt checks with incentive items.
- Go to various high school football games with a crashed car display and meet with parents and students..
- Attend all fairs and festivals in the county to get the information out about safety.
- Go into elementary, middle and high schools to talk to students on safety, seat belts, and drinking and driving.
- Work with local and state law enforcement agencies on the What's Holding You Back?/Click It or Ticket Campaign. This is a statewide effort to increase seat belt usage in Clark County by partnering a media campaign with overtime enforcement of local law enforcement. This runs from May to June and again in September.
- Send out certified technicians to check child and infant car seats (by appointment only).
- Our program, in partnership with the Ohio Department of Health, provides free toddler car seat/booster for those with WIC or medical card. We only provide one per family based on the supply of seats.
- Attend all safety fairs/festivals in the community.
The Safe Communities Coalition meets the first Thursday of each month at 10:00 a.m. at the CCCHD main office.
529 East Home Road
Springfield, OH 45503
Telephone: (937) 390-5600
Fax: (937) 390-5625
Last Review 6/11/2014 ASB