Safe Communities Coalition
The CCCHD’s Safe Communities Coalition promotes safe driving practices along with addressing injuries and fatalities occurring on Clark County roadways. The coalition educates the county on safe driving practices through four simple principles:
- Click It or Ticket
- Don’t Drink and Drive
- Don't Text and Drive
- Watch Out for Motorcycles
The Safe Communities program is very active in the community, often visiting local schools, festivals and other events to promote safe driving. By working with other local agencies to promote their cause, this coalition provides Clark County with a united front against hazardous driving.
Objectives of the Safe Communities Coalition:
- Provide support to local law enforcement during media blitzes, DUI checks, seat belt enforcement and holiday safety.
- Go to each high school in the county and conduct seat belt checks with incentive items.
- Go to various high school football games and meet with parents and students to discuss traffic safety.
- Attend fairs and festivals in the county to get information out about safety.
- Go into high schools to talk to students on safety, seat belts, and drinking and driving.
- Work with local and state law enforcement agencies on the Click It or Ticket Campaign. This is a statewide effort to increase seat belt usage in Clark County by partnering a media campaign with overtime enforcement of local law enforcement. This runs from May to June and again in September.
The Safe Communities Coalition meets the second Thursday of each month at 9:30 a.m. at the CCCHD main office.
529 East Home Road
Springfield, OH 45503
Telephone: (937) 390-5600
Fax: (937) 390-5625
Last Review 5-22-18 ES/ PLF