COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution 2.24
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution for Phase 1B
CLARK COUNTY, OHIO (FEB. 24, 2021) — Scheduling for COVID-19 vaccinations for the continuation of phase 1b resumes this week in Clark County. The Clark County Combined Health District is urging Individuals 65 and older or individuals with a qualifying health condition to schedule an appointment with one of the providers listed below. It is unknown how long vaccine eligibility will be held at 65 and when the eligibility restrictions are loosened, the ability to procure an appointment will drastically decrease.
Qualifying health conditions are as follows:
- Cerebral palsy
- Spina bifida
- Inherited metabolic disorders including phenylketonuria
- Severe neurological disorders including epilepsy, hydrocephaly, and microcephaly
- Severe genetic disorders including Down syndrome, fragile X syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, Turner syndrome, and muscular dystrophy
- Cystic fibrosis; sickle cell anemia; and alpha and beta thalassemia; and solid organ transplants.
- Severe congenital heart disease requiring hospitalization within the past year
- Severe type 1 diabetes requiring hospitalization within the past year
- Severe lung disease, including asthma requiring hospitalization within the past year
Still scheduling for eligible individuals in phase 1A:
- Eligible nonhospital affiliated healthcare workers - - as outlined in Phase 1B guidance for providers
- Congregate care residents and staff, and nursing homes or assisted living facilities not enrolled in the federal long-term care pharmacy program at the same time vaccinations are continue for Phase 1B
Vaccine providers in Clark County:
- The Clark County Combined Health District, in partnership with Mercy Health will start scheduling appointments for qualifying individuals on Thursday, February 25th starting at 8am. Appointments can be made with CCCHD by calling 937-717-2439 or visit www.ccchd.com.
- The New Carlisle Community Health Center, located at 106 N. Main St. in New Carlisle, will schedule appointments by phone. Please call 937-543-0310.
- Rocking Horse Community Health Center, located at 651 S. Limestone St. in Springfield will be offering the vaccine by appointment only during varied hours. Rocking Horse patients will take priority. Valid identification and insurance information will be collected. No one will be turned away due to insurance status. To schedule your vaccine appointment, call 937-525-4521.
- CVS Pharmacy, located at 2565 E Main St, is currently scheduling appointments online at www.cvs.com/vaccine or via the CVS app.
- Walgreens, located at 2609 E. Main St, is scheduling appointments. Currently, the only way to schedule is by visiting https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19
- Springfield-area Kroger pharmacy locations — 2728 East Main Street, 965 North Bechtle Avenue, and 2989 Derr Road — will also be offering the vaccine. Kroger customers are encouraged to visit www.kroger.com/ohiocovidvaccine or to call our COVID-19 vaccine helpline at 866-211-5320 for the latest information on vaccine.
- Discount Drug Mart located at 7617 Dayton Springfield Rd, Fairborn OH 45324 visit their website at clinic.discount-drugmart.com/covid/ or call 937-863-0045
MEDIA CONTACT: Kyle Trout, Clark County Combined Health District | (740) 409-1747
MEDIA CONTACT: Michael Cooper, Clark County | (937) 521-2031